Laura A. Ward graduated from Eastern Kentucky University a member of two honor societies, Golden Key National Honor Society and Pi Sigma Alpha National Honor Society, and a member of the elite organization, Student Alumni Ambassadors. After graduation, she worked for the Madison County Attorney as a child support caseworker for three years, cultivating an expertise in Kentucky family law.
Laura A. Ward left her position as a child support caseworker to attend Salmon P. Chase College of Law. While in law school, she interned with the Commonwealth's Attorney for Campbell County , competed in Moot Court competitions, and participated in trial advocacy.
Upon graduation, Laura A. Ward became a criminal prosecutor, in Kentucky known as an Assistant Commonwealth 's Attorney. During her tenure as a prosecutor, she worked for the Madison County Attorney and two Commonwealth's Attorneys, that included Kenton, Montgomery, Rowan, Bath and Menifee counties. By handling misdemeanors and felonies, Laura A. Ward gained trial experience in everything from D.U.I. cases to rape and felony murder. She also had the unique opportunity to gain experience in appellate work by successfully arguing a case to the Kentucky Court of Appeals. Furthermore, as a felony prosecutor, Laura A. Ward was assigned to prosecute the sex offenses that occurred in the 16th judicial circuit, and she was appointed as a Special Assistant United States Attorney. As a Special Assistant United States Attorney, she trained and participated with the federal government to prosecute cases involving child pornography.
Now as a private practitioner, Laura A. Ward's uses her experience in appellate, trial, and federal practice to advocate for her clients in all areas of law.
- Kentucky, 2005
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2007
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Highland Heights, Kentucky
- J.D. - 2005
- Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, KY
- B.A. - 1997
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Political Science
- Business Organizations, Academy of Court Reporting
- Contracts, Academy of Court Reporting
Honors and Awards
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Pi Sigma Alpha National Honor Society
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kentucky Bar Association, 2005
Past Employment Positions
- Commonwealth of Kentucky 16th Judicial Circuit, Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney, 2007 to 2010
- United States Attorney, Special Assistant United States Attorney, 2008 to 2009
- Madison County Attorney's Office, Assistant County Attorney, 2006 to 2006
- Robbin's Law Office, Associate, 2006 to 2006
- Commonwealth's Attorney - 21st Judicial Circuit, Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney, 2005 to 2006
- Madison County Attorney's Office - Child Support Division, Legal Caseworker, 1999 to 2002